Error code 39

PinkFrags

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Recently I bought a netgear N900 wifi dual band adapter and when I installed the drivers my wifi went bad.Instead of wifi icon it was a Ethernet red x. Device manager had error code 39. I tried other wireless adapters which had the same result error code 39 and red Ethernet x. Trouble shooting says the adapters are having hardware issue even though I tried all the adapters I had which was 4-5

Solution
is PC a brand name or a custom built? laptop or desktop?

If laptop/brand name, look on web site of maker/model and check you have latest drivers
If custom, check on motherboard makers web site for model and make sure you have latest drivers

It could be the USB drivers need an update

other advice is: Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions. Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is PC a brand name or a custom built? laptop or desktop?

If laptop/brand name, look on web site of maker/model and check you have latest drivers
If custom, check on motherboard makers web site for model and make sure you have latest drivers

It could be the USB drivers need an update

other advice is: Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions. Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.

Solution