Pc won't boot after cloning HDD to ssd

BronxDaspyro

Commendable
May 9, 2016
So I was trying to move my OS from my WD blue 1tb hard drive over to a 250gb Samsung 750evo SSD by cloning my hdd over to the ssd using acronis from WD. After i finished and tried to boot from my ssd and it failed to boot saying "no OS detected remove any drives that don't have an OS". So I tried booting from the hard drive only to get the same message.

Can somebody please help me

Solution
Ok then. You will need windows 10 install media.
Leave only SSD in system.
Boot from windows 10 install media.
Choose Startup repair
Does-Not-Start-Repair-Troubleshoot-Startup-Settings-Automatic-Repair-Windows-Wally.png

Reboot and check if that fixed OS loading.

If not, then boot from windows install media again and choose command prompt.
Execute commands:

• bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

But it's possible that cloning was not successful. Then do all these instructions with only HDD attached.

socklosk

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Download and install Macrium Reflect on another computer, then make a rescue boot disk. Boot your sick PC from this disk or flash drive and select the option to fix booting problems. Then reboot!

BronxDaspyro

Commendable
May 9, 2016

I have 2 drives a WD 1tb and a Samsung 750 Evo 250gb(brand new) and no USB. Bios is set to boot from hard drive.

I installed wd acronis software. And initialized the ssd as NTFS.

Through the software I cloned the data from my 1tb HDD (220gb used) to the ssd. I used the automatic function and was following the video from "Tech yes city".

I selected (first screen) the HDD as the source drive and the ssd as the destination drive (second screen). And proceeded to clone.

The computer restarted for the cloning process to occur. After 10 it so mins the program said cloning successful. The computer shut down and I went out to get a haircut.

When I returned home I powered on my pc to configure the BIOS. On the gigabyte b7 sniper z170 I configured the boot order for ssd(primary) and HDD as secondary. When I attempted boot it said no OS found. I restarted and changed to order in the bios to HDD as primary and ssd as secondary. 2nd boot gave the same message as no OS found.

I tried to boot again after unplugging the ssd, only to get no OS found.

After plugging ssd back in I unplugged the HDD to boot. And also received no OS found

Does this help?

Ok then. You will need windows 10 install media.
Leave only SSD in system.
Boot from windows 10 install media.
Choose Startup repair
Does-Not-Start-Repair-Troubleshoot-Startup-Settings-Automatic-Repair-Windows-Wally.png

Reboot and check if that fixed OS loading.

If not, then boot from windows install media again and choose command prompt.
Execute commands:

• bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

But it's possible that cloning was not successful. Then do all these instructions with only HDD attached.

Solution