I just don't quite know what is going wrong...

WarrenElite

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello forum, I recently made my first computer from parts of a lenovo i bought previously and other parts that i bought specificly for the build. I turned it on for the first time and was so relieved, I hooked it up to a tv and started using it to test it out and see if it was working properly. about 3 hours into it it blue screened so fast that i couldnt see the error code. i thought that it was a one off thing due to windows 10 bing buggy anyway so i continued to use it until it blue screened again. I googled the problem and found that a possible cause could be overheating and this made sense since i was still using the stock heatsink and fan that came with the fx-8320 so i replaced it and thought my problem was over. however it isnt and i still blue screen. I installed malwarebytes to see if it was an infection and came up with nothing I am using avast free and have not been alerted to anything suspicious, I installed a driver install program so they are all up to date although I am not sure if any conflict. So as it is i am very confused and i dont get crash reports when i check with bluescreenviewer so any help would be appreciated. I am worried that i broke something when i built it so with luck someone can help me fix my computer XD/

Build:
RAM:Brand? 8GB of 4x2GB ddr3
Graphics Card:Gigabyte Windforce 2 gtx 750 OC 4GB GDDR5 (latest nvidia drivers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.5 GHZ
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO 3
Hard Drive: I have no details other than 7.5K RPM Hitachi 1TB
PSU: Corsair 80+ gold 750 Watt
Other: i have a wireless mouse and wired keyboard plugged in. I have a Wireless card for wifi that goes in my pci slot

Thank you and i hope you can help.

The problem may be that you're experiencing a hardware conflict, a power delivery problem, or an overheating component.

Please download AIDA64 Extreme. Once installed, drop down the Tools menu, click System Stability Test, check everything except for the disk and run the test for ten minutes. Please post a screenshot of the Clocks, Temperatures, and Statistics tabs.

You may have to expand the window to fit all the statistics on screen at once.

EDIT: What is the specific model of the power supply? Corsair makes many power supplies...

Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List.