Brand new PC turns on, but nothing will display on screen?

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys,

I just built a new PC, I followed TechSource's build guide with a one or two parts varying from his build. I turned on the PC, fans are running, the light on the power switch came on but there is no display on my monitor (I'm using a Samsung TV). Since my motherboard doesn't have an HDMI outlet I went and got a VGA to HDMI adapter, which seems to work on other devices but not my PC. When I boot my PC up, there is no signal being detected by my TV and I don't know what to do.

(Side note: I'm a total scrub at PC's got no idea what I'm doing here)

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus H81M-D LGA1150 M-ATX
Power Supply: EVGA 500W
Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5
Ram sticks: Two sticks of 8GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Processor: Intel Pentium G3258
Hard drive: Seagate 1TB SATA

This guy's been sitting in my room for about a good week now and I'd really like to solve the issue so I can actually use it. Any help is welcomed :)

Here's TechSource's build guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyoNp56iAE

I can also provide photos if necessary.

Solution
POST = Power On Self Test. When you turn on your computer the first thing it does is to check all the hardware there. When you hear a short beep that means that everything is ok.
No beeping means that something is not ok. And it's probably your Motherboard. When there's something wrong with your memory for example it beeps differently. For example 2 beeps depending on your motherboard. There are different beeping codes that mean different things.

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

I've set it to PC already, no luck :c

Renaldo Xhahu

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Have you connected the cable to the motherboard port or the graphics card port?

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

Connected it to the motherboard port, I was told that I would need to install my Graphics card driver before being able to use the graphics card, regardless, also tried plugging the HDMI cable into the graphics card, still no luck

Renaldo Xhahu

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Use the Graphics Card port, the drivers get installed automatically. And try different monitors. Maybe its your TV

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

I've tried using the Graphics Card port but that didn't work, the TV works fine with my Macbook when plugged in..

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

No beeping whatsoever, I tried removing the graphics card and booting it up, nothing happened. I'll try to remove the ram sticks are try it one by one.

Also what does posting mean?

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

Update: No luck, nothing no changes.

POST = Power On Self Test. When you turn on your computer the first thing it does is to check all the hardware there. When you hear a short beep that means that everything is ok.
No beeping means that something is not ok. And it's probably your Motherboard. When there's something wrong with your memory for example it beeps differently. For example 2 beeps depending on your motherboard. There are different beeping codes that mean different things.

Solution

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

Hey, so what are you suggesting I do? The LED light bulb on the motherboard lights up though, I srsly dont know what I've done wrong, I even went and get a DVI cable and tried that, still no luck at all...

9Falcon

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

Update: Upon further inspection (No distraction, putting my ear right next to PC) There is a beep sound right when I power on the PC, one short beep.

One short beep is good news. That means that probably your memories and CPU are ok. Does your card need an 6 or 8 pin power? I also have a Zotac 750Ti that doesn't but you should check that too. Check also if your HDD led blinks to see if it seems that your computer is starting normally. If that happens, the problem is probably on your graphic card.