Should i get the asus rog swift pg279q? Also is the response time noticeable in games like CSGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago212

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I wanted to buy a 1440p really nice monitor for my dual 1080s that i just bought because it is complete overkill for 1080p and I stumbled upon the Asus ROG swift ips model. However when looking through the reviews I see reviews saying "this is absolutely the most amazing monitor in the world and no back bleed!" to reviews that say "never buy this ever it is a complete waste of money and the backbleed is terrible!!!!" So im not sure if I should risk it. Also, if i do buy it and there ends up being a problem, does anybody know asus's return policy for backbleed on this model?
P.S am I going to notice a big difference in games like CSGO going from a 1ms display to a 4ms and will this hinder my performance?

Solution

Amazon? Newegg? :)
This is a subject for a separate thread.
You will not see any difference from 1ms to 4 ms. Do not confuse pixel response time with input lag, they are not the same thing.
I would buy that monitor if i were in the market as it's great. If you have any fears of backlight bleed, but from a sotre that allows you to RMA within 30 days, so you don't have to go directly to Asus.

Drago212

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

Thank you for your response! Do you have any recommendations on stores that have good RMA time?

Amazon? Newegg? :)
This is a subject for a separate thread.

Solution

White Wolf Gaming29

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2016

no, you should not. i had an TN panel and its not good at all compared to an IPS panel. Thats why i got an IPS panel. The ASUS ROG Swift PG279q. and it works great.

Drago212

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

I know I was the one asking the question but I have also done some research myself and from what i've heard this is the best photo editing IPS out there so thats a big yes. The only downside is you might get one with backlight bleed but you can return it and exchange it really fast on places like amazon. I bought mine and I LOVE IT everything is so smooth and so crisp and the colors are amazing. I also barely notice any ghosting as long as I have gsync on but ulmb u do notice some.

Status
Not open for further replies.