Bad Pool Caller BSoD Please help - full report attached

Rob1234567

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
Hi there,

I am hoping you can assist with the above BSoD I have recently been getting for the past 4 days.

So far I have downloaded Who crashed to find out the cause of the issue which I have pasted at the bottom of this thread.

I have checked for Windows updates
I have the most recent gfx driver
I have run Memtest 86 no erros ran 9 passes
I have uninstalled the network adapter Intel(R) Ethernet connection Connection (2) I2I8V & downloaded the driver both from Asus Mobo website and Intels website.

My Pc specs are -
Motherboard - Asus Hero Vii
Soundcard - Creative Soundblaster
GFX - GTX 980
16Gb DDR 3 overclocked from 1333 - 1600mhz
I7 4790k (Not overclocked)
Power supply 850W

If you could offer any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Who Crashed reports

On Tue 12/07/2016 19:42:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071216-6921-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x37B7F)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x746415D0, 0xFFFFE0007489A788)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 11/07/2016 16:33:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071116-6781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1427A0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE001A192B508)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 11/07/2016 16:33:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1d65x64.sys (e1d65x64+0x146A6)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE001A192B508)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\e1d65x64.sys
product: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1d65x64.sys (Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

On Sun 10/07/2016 16:29:19 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-7109-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x99, 0xFFFFE000342E1F08, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 10/07/2016 16:29:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-8062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Sun 10/07/2016 15:27:52 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-6734-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE001BA78E748)

On Sun 10/07/2016 14:57:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-6750-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x39AA1350, 0xFFFFE00039B3C9A8)

On Sun 10/07/2016 12:48:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-6718-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE00169FD8648)

On Sun 10/07/2016 11:16:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-6656-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE001C4C12148)

On Sun 10/07/2016 08:52:02 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-7140-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x126C, 0x0, 0xFFFFE0002095A568)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

e1d65x64.sys (Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation)

Solution
that motherboard has had a lot of bios updates. I would pick up the current verison 3103 dated 2016/04/15
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

(the updated bios can help with hardware conflicts with your sound drivers if there are any conflicts)

you are also using a newer version of the network driver than what the motherboard maker provided.
Sometimes the driver is custom to your motherboard or the actual version of the chip on the motherboard.
(you can roll back the driver to this version if you can not get things working)
---
overall if i were to guess it would be hotspot driver messing things up, intel just does not tend to make this kind of mistakes in their drivers.
(but the first suspect is...
that motherboard has had a lot of bios updates. I would pick up the current verison 3103 dated 2016/04/15
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

(the updated bios can help with hardware conflicts with your sound drivers if there are any conflicts)

you are also using a newer version of the network driver than what the motherboard maker provided.
Sometimes the driver is custom to your motherboard or the actual version of the chip on the motherboard.
(you can roll back the driver to this version if you can not get things working)
---
overall if i were to guess it would be hotspot driver messing things up, intel just does not tend to make this kind of mistakes in their drivers.
(but the first suspect is the intel network driver, check for a update and update the hotspot shield or remove it)

----------
windows bugchecked because this driver freed a memory address twice:
Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d65x64.sys Tue May 10 02:04:55 2016
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

you should look for a update but it could also by another network components messing with the timing.
maybe the norton software or the hot spot shield.

overclocking software can also expose timing issues in code.
you have software overclocking:
\E:\Programs\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Fri Apr 24 00:01:47 2015
and BIOS overclocking.

it looks like you have a key server installed (software activation hack) so there could be something else going on.
malware/rootkits or virus. you might want to do a scan.

machine info:

BIOS Version 2201
BIOS Release Date 11/11/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product MAXIMUS VII HERO
Version Rev 1.xx
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 4014MHz

Solution

Rob1234567

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016

Hi John I have so far removed Hotspot Shield and in the process of doing a virus scan. If no Virus is found and still crashing I will update BIOS (all though not a fan of that always a scary thing to do). I will update with the results.

19:42 Update - So far since doing the above there have been no further BSod's which is around 3hrs now where as before it would of crashed by now so things are looking better. I will update again after a longer period of time.

Thanks

24hrs and no BSoD since removing HS. This seems to of done the trick thats for your help.

TRENDING THREADS