Clean install of Windows 10, first time boot from USB loads windows files, then logo, then black screen with no cursor.

VitusApollo58

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Clean install of Windows 10, first time boot from USB loads windows files, then logo, then black screen with no cursor. I've heard this may be due to GPU error, I've gone so far as to remove the gpu and set primary display through onboard graphics. Still the problem persists.

I'm using an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, Intel 3500k, Nvidia GTX 670, a Samsung 256GB SSD, and a WD Black 2TB drive. Clean install, no prior OS.

Can anyone please advise?

Colif

Win 11 Master
boot from USB again
on screen after language choices, select repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
choose one of the three safe modes
PC will restart in safe mode - you don't have to do anything here but removing USB stick is a good idea. Restart PC and see if its fixed.

VitusApollo58

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Sorry, but for clarification, I never get to the choose a language screen. It goes BIOS>Windows Boot Manager (Where I choose 32 or 64 bit)>short loading files bar> Windows logo with spinning wheel underneath> Black screen with no cursor.

At the windows boot manager I do have options for safe mode or low res boot after pressing F8, however all options stop at same black screen.

VitusApollo58

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Unplugging everything but the SSD might have solved it. Will follow up once installation is fully successful. Im at least seeing the setup screen now so thats an improvement. Moving on with the setup now

Colif

Win 11 Master
So was your WD your old Windows drive? as then behaviour you were getting seems to indicate that anyway. It is always a good idea to remove all other hdd when installing win 10 as it might use them as a location for files otherwise. Might put its boot manager there and if you remove the other drive later, windows wouldn't boot.. again.

Oct 13, 2018

I have the same problem with yours, did you solve this? Please help me with.