How to completely uninstall windows 10 without automatically reinstalling it

Kerel_Man

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
Hi,
After I received my built pc, I installed windows 10 with my cd, but I installed it on the normal hard drive storage, in stead of the ssd. The cable of the ssd inside the pc had fallen out, so I fixed this and now I can see the ssd in the bios menu. However, when I reinstall windows 10 I don't get the option to choose on which station I want to install windows. (Before I fixed the ssd it only showed the hard drive). How can I uninstall windows 10, and then install it again with my cd as the first time?

Thanks

Solution
how to wipe hdd:

d/c ssd from PC leaving only hDD attached
boot from Windows 10 installer CD
follow this guide to step 13: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html
at this stage it asks you to delete all the partitions on the drive until it is all unallocated space. Delete them all and then click the X in the top right hand of the window and exit the installation process. This leaves HDD blank

How to install Win 10 on SSD

disconnect hdd from PC and only have SSD connected (do this to avoid win 10 putting files on hdd during install)
run windows installer

Once windows 10 is on SSD, reconnect HDD and use disk management to format the HDD so you can use it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
how to wipe hdd:

d/c ssd from PC leaving only hDD attached
boot from Windows 10 installer CD
follow this guide to step 13: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html
at this stage it asks you to delete all the partitions on the drive until it is all unallocated space. Delete them all and then click the X in the top right hand of the window and exit the installation process. This leaves HDD blank

How to install Win 10 on SSD

disconnect hdd from PC and only have SSD connected (do this to avoid win 10 putting files on hdd during install)
run windows installer

Once windows 10 is on SSD, reconnect HDD and use disk management to format the HDD so you can use it.

Solution