I need help finding a high end 1440p monitor.

RJK1107

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I can't spend any more than $650. I was thinking about getting the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q but I don't know if it'll be worth it with the backlight bleeding issues that monitor has. I seen quite a few people on youtube saying they got unbearable backlight bleed from it. What monitor would you recommend?

Solution
James, 1ms IPS screens aren't available. Most the IPS "gaming" monitors will have 4ms response times. The Acer PG278Q is a good monitor and there isn't as many backlight bleed problems with it due to the panel being a TN panel. Most TN panels will be fine, IPS panels are the ones that really suffer with IPS glow and backlight bleed

James_326

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I am in the same boat as you my friend, I want to get a 1440p 144hz 1ms 27in IPS monitor and was going to go with the PG278Q but read up about the bleed issues and that it is a bit of a gamble on if you get a good one or not. Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated

_JakeDavies

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
James, 1ms IPS screens aren't available. Most the IPS "gaming" monitors will have 4ms response times. The Acer PG278Q is a good monitor and there isn't as many backlight bleed problems with it due to the panel being a TN panel. Most TN panels will be fine, IPS panels are the ones that really suffer with IPS glow and backlight bleed

Solution