Lag issue with 2 monitors 1 144hz and 1 60hz

Thor_92

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Sorry if this is long but I want to include every detail I can. There is a tl;dr at the bottom though.

I recently got a 144hz monitor so I am using it as my main monitor now and my 60hz monitor as my secondary one. They are both 1080p. The issue I'm having is if I have a video/live stream on my 2nd monitor (60hz), it will make whatever game I'm playing on my main monitor. At first I thought this was normal because sometimes chrome can use a lot of resources and cause this to happen, but the crazy part is if I drag the video/live stream over onto my main monitor (144hz) the lag immediately stops.

I am using a DVI cable for the 144hz monitor and have tried everything for the 2nd one (vga,hdmi and dvi) to see if that fixes it, but it does not.

I even tried taking an old graphics card, plugging it into the 2nd slot on my motherboard, and plugging my secondary monitor into a completely separate graphics card, thinking that would fix is for sure, but again, it did nothing. I have also tried disabling the snap feature but no luck.

Another important thing to note is I have this other monitor which is 1280x1024 and can run at 60 or 75hz. I tried swapping that in as my 2nd one and I feel like there's not as much lag when the 2nd monitor is on 75hz as opposed to 60hz.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: Game on 144hz monitor lags when video is playing on 60hz monitor. If video is moved off of 60hz monitor onto the 144hz one, lag immediately stops.

Solution
I found a solution, that works for me. If im using internet explorer, edge or firefox insted of chrome, the stuttering dissapears and i can watch streams on my second monitor

zethes89

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I found a solution, that works for me. If im using internet explorer, edge or firefox insted of chrome, the stuttering dissapears and i can watch streams on my second monitor

Solution