BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntfs.sys

Caldrumr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
So I'm afraid I'm at a loss here. At this point, I seem to be left with either reinstalling the OS (which I really, really don't want to do) or replacing hardware. If anyone has any ideas for me, it would be extremely helpful.
I keep getting a crash for the reason listed in the title. It's the same every time, and happens regularly, but seemingly not on any specific event. It could happen while doing something, or while idling at the desktop.
Here is what I have done so far:

1) Scanned all main disks - clean
2) System file checker
3) Disk cleanup
4) Updated all major drivers
5) Removed any software that was updated shortly before this started
6) Unplugged all unnecessary devices
7) Removed AV software
8) Removed and cleanly installed video drivers
9) Scanned RAM. A handful of errors when scanned together, no errors scanning each DIMM in each slot
10) Removed any services running that weren't necessary

This is the first time I have a chronic blue screen that I just can't seem to pinpoint. The error is very generic, and all of my usual troubleshooting hasn't helped. At this point, unless there is some serious Windows corruption going on, I'm worried that it may be the motherboard.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Dump file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-YKYpq_ElPrY0JlV0E0NUwwWW8/view?usp=sharing

System Specs: Windows 10 x64, 17 2600k, 16 GB DDR3, Asus P8Z68V-PRO MB, 500 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, GTX 670.

Solution
the call coming out of the storage driver indicated a RAID call. you should check the BIOS sata setting and confirm it is not set to SATA raid. be sure to update the intel management driver there have been a lot of fixes since 2011.

quotemsg=18278445,0,511127]

Yes, that's the correct motherboard. I upgraded this system from 7 to 8 to 10, but no, not an image from a different system.
As a note, I also noticed that I hadn't experienced a crash any of the times that I had been in Safe Mode, so I just rebooted into that and ran a stress test for...

Caldrumr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011

What I did was re-test the sticks one by one, each in a different slot. When tested individually, they all came up without errors. Which makes me worry that the motherboard might be the issue.

your system seems to have loaded drivers for hardware that is not on the motherboard.
is this the correct motherboard https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

any chance you put a windows image from a different machine and upgraded it to a windows 10 preview build. If so, i would just do a clean install of the preview build with out the old software drivers. The hardware in this motherboard looks very standard and windows 10 preview should have proper drivers for everything.
---------------
bugcheck looks like your raid controller got a error that some how ended up causing a bugcheck in the plug and play system.

-I would, check the power and data cables to the hard drive or put the drive on a different port. I assume you have some type of raid array, so you might be having a drive act up with some error

- the raid calls came from storport.sys driver and this driver can get attacked by malware and viruses.
I would run cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

just to make sure something has not modified your core windows files.

looking at your machine driver, looks like you are running a insider build from jun 21 2016
but you have some very old drivers installed:
Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution (i think it corrupts memory, remove it)
scmndisp.sys Tue Jan 16 23:48:03 2007

drivers that might have a direct effect on a storage driver:
SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys Tue Sep 16 01:53:25 2014
SamsungRapidFSFltr.sys Tue Sep 16 01:53:46 2014

EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver
rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 05:01:49 2009 (very old)

Intel Management Engine Interface
HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 11:32:21 2012 (very old)
iaStor.sys Tue Aug 23 21:30:39 2011

JMicron RAID Driver
jraid.sys Sun Sep 16 23:50:31 2012
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=jraid.sys

Marvell 91xx SATA Controller Driver
mvs91xx.sys Tue Sep 02 23:39:34 2014

old matrox filter driver
MxEFUF64.sys Thu Oct 20 09:24:05 2011
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MxEFUF64.sys

Pure Networks, Inc. Network Magic NDIS Relay Driver
purendis.sys Fri Jun 05 21:32:06 2009

Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 07:29:34 2011

CDRTools/ElbyCDIO/DVD Region Killer/VirtualCloneDrive (elby CloneDVD™ 2)/AnyDVD
ElbyCDIO.sys Thu Dec 16 14:58:13 2010

machine:
BIOS Version 3603
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 11/09/2012
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Product P8Z68-V PRO
Version Rev 1.xx
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 8ah - 1.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3410MHz

Caldrumr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011

Yes, that's the correct motherboard. I upgraded this system from 7 to 8 to 10, but no, not an image from a different system.
As a note, I also noticed that I hadn't experienced a crash any of the times that I had been in Safe Mode, so I just rebooted into that and ran a stress test for a couple of hours: no BSOD. So maybe not a hardware issue after all.
I do not have a RAID array in my system.
I will try removing some of the old drivers you mentioned, and go from there.

the call coming out of the storage driver indicated a RAID call. you should check the BIOS sata setting and confirm it is not set to SATA raid. be sure to update the intel management driver there have been a lot of fixes since 2011.

quotemsg=18278445,0,511127]

As a note, I also noticed that I hadn't experienced a crash any of the times that I had been in Safe Mode, so I just rebooted into that and ran a stress test for a couple of hours: no BSOD. So maybe not a hardware issue after all.
I do not have a RAID array in my system.
I will try removing some of the old drivers you mentioned, and go from there. [/quotemsg]

Solution

Caldrumr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011

It is set to AHCI, not RAID. I removed the SATA RAID driver you mentioned, cleaned up some of the old ones, and updated the Management Engine interface. I also ran the SFC again, as well as the restorehealth command.
I'll let it run for awhile now and wait for a crash.
Thanks a lot for all the assistance.

Update: Same thing. No change. I have no idea what to even try after that.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-YKYpq_ElPrM0RiWkxmc1VzNkk

Caldrumr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
I couldn't come up with a fix for this. I am going to assume some sort of serious Windows corruption or something. Unfortunately, I just wasn't able to track it down. Tried everything I could think of, and everything posted here.
I installed Windows on another drive to test, and it worked fine, ruling out a hardware issue. So I just bit the bullet and reinstalled fresh on my main drive. It's working fine now.
Thanks a lot for the assistance.

ya, sometimes it is just faster to do the reinstall.