wifi & LAN problem with windows 10

AbhimanyuAryan

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
I am upto date with Windows Insider Program but I am facing a lot of issues with windows 10 wifi and LAN(this problem doesn't seem to go away I had lots of windows insider updates)

When I connect my windows 10 laptop with internet(router) then other two macbook,windows phone, android phones can't seem to use internet(they don't receive packets) or slow down there internet speed. It looks like my windows PC is locking the entire router. Also sometimes even if my windows laptop is connected to internet it says internet problem(Troubleshoot)

when I am in office with LAN connection...Internet goes again and again. When I troubleshoot connection it says that troubleshoot has fixed Default Gateway problem and its works for some time. Then again internet goes...again I have to troubleshoot {LOOP IT}

I have installed wifi drivers I forgot that Windows 10 doesn't need any manual driver installation. I uninstalled driver from device manager but then they again appear in device manager not sure what's the issue here

I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed on same laptop alongside windows 10. Now issues with Ubuntu so its not a hardware problem for sure

Solution
I don't have an answer for you but some questions though:

- With "now issues with UBUNTU" you mean "NO" issues" right?
- You say you installed additional drivers, then uninstalled, then they re-appear? Seems logical to me as Windows does need drivers and prob replaces missing ones with native ones. Or is it more specific like 3rd party drivers that re-appear?
- So you have issues with both LAN and WIFI? Sometimes having both enabled causes Windows to have issues.
Try googling: netstat -r command to look for problems. Sometimes assigning a different subnet helps.

Hopes it points you in the right direction.

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
I don't have an answer for you but some questions though:

- With "now issues with UBUNTU" you mean "NO" issues" right?
- You say you installed additional drivers, then uninstalled, then they re-appear? Seems logical to me as Windows does need drivers and prob replaces missing ones with native ones. Or is it more specific like 3rd party drivers that re-appear?
- So you have issues with both LAN and WIFI? Sometimes having both enabled causes Windows to have issues.
Try googling: netstat -r command to look for problems. Sometimes assigning a different subnet helps.

Hopes it points you in the right direction.

Solution