Windows 10 installed on HDD instead of SSD

Soulfulred

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately I jumped the gun on my Windows 10 install. I have a 65gb SSD used as an E: drive and acting as the drive for my OS. I also have a 500gb HDD used as a C: drive and acting as my primary storage drive for everything else.

I actually upgraded to Windows 10 thinking that it would automatically use my SSD since my OS was on it... but I have reason to suspect it's not. At all. If I'm not wrong, the windows icon above the disk symbol should indicate where the OS is installed at and unfortunately, mine shows that its installed on my HDD. Sad.

Would love to know if there's a solution for my particular predicament. I'd love to transfer the OS files to my SSD and make it so that my PC boots up from my SSD instead. Pretty please with a cherry on top :):):)

Soulfulred

Reputable
May 18, 2015

I can't seem to post a screencap? How do I attach pictures from my own computer?

@lucas_7_94, I'm not sure how to do cloning or if its viable for my SSD. Wouldn't cloning mean that the entirety of the HDD is cloned to the SSD? My SSD is only 65 gb, and I'm seriously doubting whether or not I should purchase a brand new SSD anw.

USAFRet

Titan

How to post an image
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2580030/detailed-instructions-posting-images-tom-hardware.html