Please Help: Windows 10 Dell XPS 13 9350 Bootable USB

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I am completely stuck, and unprepared. I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 13 (9350). Right now I've only been able to get a Legacy BIOS version installed...but that isn't what I want. The UEFI boot configuration on this laptop is new to me and I can't get a bootable USB to work. I've used Rufus in the past, and doing what I think is correct. Using the Windows 10 ISO to create, and selecting GPT partition scheme in Rufus, I can create a disk. When I open up the BIOS settings at bootup, I select UEFI, and "add"...right now there are no more UEFI boot options listed. It wants me to select a file so I've tried selecting every *.efi file on the USB and continue to only get a "no bootable device found" error. Can someone with experience with the current Dell BIOS tell me how I can boot from the USB to install Windows 10? Thank you in advance.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Well...after much trial and tribulation...it looks like I figured it out. No need for response. There was something wrong with the Windows 10 image I had...not sure what. I re-downloaded and this time the USB seems to be working fine.