Triple Monitor or Single Ultrawidescreen?

Mikarri

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I currently have a dual monitor set up. Benq XL2420G monitor for main display (games, whatnot) Benq XL2411Z monitor for secondary display (web browsing, whatever).

My PC is primarily a gaming computer and I'm considering a third monitor, but I wonder if it'd just be better to go with a single ultrawide display. Thinking of getting this monitor.

What are the pros and cons of each type of setup? Thanks.

Solution
The bezel is a huge drawback for me. In a MMO/RPG the difference between a 2 and 3 screen with black lines even thin bezel can't eliminate or a continuous field of view is huge for (my) immersion. Most things now are also one click calibrated for ultra-wide format making it at least as easy, if not easier to deal with and a single monitor draws less power and less GPU/GPU memory demand within equal resolutions and refresh.

Multi monitors have more flexibility on set-up and if you can manually configure a game you can increase your perceived horizon curve or have the two end monitors angled more to your side for some games. You can also add more monitors in future, even to the top end, not just side by side, with readily available and...

demoth

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
The bezel is a huge drawback for me. In a MMO/RPG the difference between a 2 and 3 screen with black lines even thin bezel can't eliminate or a continuous field of view is huge for (my) immersion. Most things now are also one click calibrated for ultra-wide format making it at least as easy, if not easier to deal with and a single monitor draws less power and less GPU/GPU memory demand within equal resolutions and refresh.

Multi monitors have more flexibility on set-up and if you can manually configure a game you can increase your perceived horizon curve or have the two end monitors angled more to your side for some games. You can also add more monitors in future, even to the top end, not just side by side, with readily available and inexpensive VESA desktop holders.

I'd go with a single ultra-wide for gaming in most situations.

Solution