Sleep mode problem

navigation2015

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Just curious to know if anyone can answer to me why when I put my PC in sleep mode and when I wake it windows reloads itself and I lose everything I left off with before sleep mode. I can't find S3 mode in my Asus MB it don't seem to have it. Any ideas?

That happens if the computer loses power... Sleep Mode is saved to RAM and RAM needs power to save everything as you left it, so make sure if it's losing power and completely shutting down.

Check the Windows Sleep settings: Control Panel > Power Options > Power Plan > Sleep > Hybrid mode disabled, and Hibernation disabled (with Never).

S3 setting should be set by default, and it helps the computer go into Sleep Mode with apparent shutdown... S1 only makes it slowdown to a minimum but lets the system stay active (you can still hear it running)... With this info you should easily tell which setting; S1 or S3 is enabled.

navigation2015

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

navigation2015

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Thanks guys I've tried everything and I finally had to take it to a technician. I'll let you guys know the issue as soon as I find out. Apparently it could be a faulty PSU or a bad cable somewhere. I trust this guy and he's going to find the problem