Socket Type: AM3+
Power Wattage: 95W

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
BIOS interface: Gigabyte - UEFI Dual BIOS
Model Name- 970A-DS3
BIOS Version- FD
BIOS Date- 1/23/2013
BIOS ID- 8A02BG02

I have read the guides and watched the videos regarding overclocking and I pretty much all set, but stuck on one part in my BIOS. With this specific BIOS, the area in changing the "Voltage" has the following options:
CPU Core
NB Core
DRAM Voltage
Vcore Loadline Calibration
All 4 are set on "Auto" by default. I have read that I need to change the Voltage from "CPU Core", but I am confused on what I can choose. It doesn't allow me to type in a voltage, instead, it only allows me to cycle through "minus" or "Plus" set of numbers. For example "+ 0.4125". I have cycled through all the numbers, and all begin with a 0. So these don't appear to be actual Voltage values. I am assuming these could be added values to what your actual Vcore is supposed to be. But I have no idea what to choose. I can see my actual Vcore voltage, but it changes live, up or down.

Does anyone know what this is and what I am suppose to choose?

Also, these are what I plan on setting for over-clock. Let me know if I am missing something or needs to be changed:
C1E Support: Disabled
C6 Support: Disabled
Virtualization: Disabled
APM Master Mode: Disabled
Core Boost Turbo: Disabled

If you are OCing using multiplier only. CPU Core voltage is only you have to worry about.
NB Core only for fine tuning and together with DRAM Voltage if you OC on FSB or just RAM.
Vcore Loadline Calibration is for adjusting voltage as needed during operation automatically and you may have to adjust it as needed and play with it so it doesn't overvolt CPU but give it enough boost to function at high loads.
P.S.
Make sure your cooling for CPU and overall is up to scratch or you'll never get far with OC.

universe1701

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016

Thank you for the explanation, however, I am confused on what I should be choosing from the "CPU core". As I go through the selection for that field, I dont know what those numbers represent. I am only presented with + or - numbers ranging from (- 0.275 to + 0.775).

My CPU is currently at 3.3GHZ, and since I am new to all this, I am looking to experiment and go up to 3.6 start off with. I am not sure what I should be choosing from that "CPU Core". I know that with my CPU, the voltage will probably be between 1.3250 to 1.4250.