Lenovo vs dell

kingWolfJM

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
I

I'm not comparing specs I'm comparing the two company's as a hole and the quality of the computers they make

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
It's hard to compare the companies as a whole because each model is different. Each use ODM's to manufacture their PC's for them in Taiwan or China. In fact Quanta, Compal, Wistron and Inventec all manufacture for both Dell and Lenovo. Some some models are made in the same factories.

Plus any 1500 laptop is made better than a less than 500 dollar laptop. My theory is ignore brands and look at models.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_manufacturers

aqarwaen

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
i dont recommend dell.i was doing there practice work.for example if laptop came to warranty,repair guys did not even brother fixing motherboard,hdd etc.normaly they replaced broken components without even testing new components for faulty ones.broken ones normaly got thrown into shredder,instead fixing them.that why some laptops came back to warranty.and after what saw there,i no longer use dell.idont work there anymore..
recommend lenovo,cuse i never had any issues with them.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well Dell will work with a local contracted company and they sometimes replace parts. The problem is they aren't Dell specific and sometimes they don't know the Dell machine as well.