Fresh built PC, Windows 10 installation trouble

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Hello everybody, and thanks for reading!
I've just finished building my first PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TftD8K) and now, as I try to do a clean install on my new SSD (in the part list), the installer on the flash drive cant find it. I used the custom install, not the upgrade (because I'm not upgrading from anything. Please help! My mom might kill me if I can't fix this. ;)

UPDATE- Turns out that because I was waiting for a specific screen to tell me what to do (instead of just spamming the F2 key) I was getting that other screen instead of BIOS. Edited that from my new custom PC, BTW

Solution
21 questions time

does the SSD show up in the bios?
does the hard drive show up in the installer (or have u left it unplugged)?
where did you get windows from?
are you doing a uefi boot? usually you start computer enter bios and select boot UEFI (your install flash media) and then it will start the windows install in uefi mode
well not 21 questions but a start

21 questions time

does the SSD show up in the bios?
does the hard drive show up in the installer (or have u left it unplugged)?
where did you get windows from?
are you doing a uefi boot? usually you start computer enter bios and select boot UEFI (your install flash media) and then it will start the windows install in uefi mode
well not 21 questions but a start

Solution

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
As a matter of fact, I'm trying to enter bios right now, but my monitor immediately displays a screen saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.
It does not show up in the windows installer, which I bought in the form of a bootable flash drive from Amazon.
Of course I plugged it in using both the SATA data and power cable (the power cable is shared with another hard drive)