Gaming + video results in huge performance issues (Gtx 970)

zethes89

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Hi :)

I'm not a huge gamer these days, but i still play a fair bit of world of warcraft.
I recently bought a used gtx 970, and ever since i havent really been able to watch twitch(with html5 player) or youtube while playing.

If i start a video while gaming, my fps in WoW goes from arround 90fps to 15-35 fps.

I did some closer inspections of the card, and i noticed that some of the small metallic squares on the backside of the GPU had some small hints or rust, and im wondering if maybe they are part of the video codec (or how i should explain it) part of the GPU, and that this might cause the problem.

Any other 970 owners here playing wow, that get's lower fps while watching videos in the background / on second monitor?

zethes89

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Also i forgot to mention. If i put shadows to ultra in WoW, or use nvidia specific shading in various games, or highest shadows in the witcher 3, my computer screen turns black, and my computer freezes (i can still hear some sounds). temps on my GPU seems fine, not going above 85c, and my CPU is water cooled, and seems to be arround 50-60c after some hours of gaming