I really need some help.

Shlomi Uzan

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hello guys.
So , Today I bought my new AOC G2460VQ6 FreeSync monitor.
Up until today I was never really into analog , digital , HDMI or w/e , but as soon as I hooked the screen up I started to encounter problems.
First of all , both my HDMI and DP ports are not working , apparently both in my screen and in my graphics card.
What do I mean? Plugging DP to DP results in no signal , plugging HDMI to HDMI results in no signal , only thing that works are the DVI ports which unfortunately this screen does not support DVI , only VGA.
I tried various solutions , tried using 2 different DP cables and 2 different HDMI cables, tried the famous unplug the power cold solution, tried changing the DP port version from 1.1 to 1.2 in my screens OSD , and my results are as follows: the screen only works using VGA , using an DVI to HDMI adapter works as well but does not allow FreeSync.
Using DVI to DP cable does not work.
Using both HDMI and DP direct plug ins does not work on the monitor.
Using HDMI to HDMI does not work with my TV ( Thus the adapter ).
I don't know if the screen is faulty or my graphic card is , I really need some help with this.

My specs:

Dual X R9 280 3GB
Win 10

apk24

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Apologies if you find my recommendation insultingly obvious, but you didn't list it in your list of attempts, so: Does your machine have an integrated GPU? Have you tried using that? It might eliminate the monitor as the problem.

Shlomi Uzan

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Yes, I tried using the DVI to DP on the motherboard DVI port , nothing.. even when trying both 1.1 and 1.2 DP versions , though I suspect the cable I bought is defected since the head is sort of coming out.
And the VGA does not work as well , only when I plug it to the GPU.