Rate my budget gaming PC :) Im new!

Cade S

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Basically, I want feedback regarding what I should upgrade next, what I should add, and just overall any advice you have for a new PC gamer. This PC is already built, just so you know ;).

CPU: AMD A4 7300
GPU: ASUS STRIX GEFORCE GTX 960 4gb
RAM: 8gb Team Volcan (single stick)
PSU: 500w EVGA 80+
MOBO: Biostar HI-FI 870U3P
------------
Games I want to play at 100+ FPS (Maxed Settings)
-CSGO
-Sven CO-OP
-TF2
-Fistful of Frags
-Gotham City imposters
-----------
Games I want to play at 60 FPS (Med-High-Max settings)
-Heros & Generals
-WarFace
-Battlefield Bad Co. 2
-Far cry 3/4
-Warframe
------------
Games I want to play at 35-45+ FPS
-STAR WARS battlefront (2015)

Thanks in advance for any advice!! :)

Professur

Honorable
May 7, 2016
It looks like he bought a 960 and stick it on a pre-built computer then upgraded his power supply 500w EVGA 80+...

No comment about your build. Good Luck.

Not really sure what to say....
Should have consulted forums before building.
Your CPU is terrible to be honest, only dual core and has poor ipc.
Upgrade your CPU RAM and motherboard next, as your current CPU holds its GPU bottleneck around 950 level. Hell, it isn't even quad core, meaning it probably won't run in most games due to the requirement of quad core processors.
Should cost about $200 USD to get an i3 6100, a H110 motherboard and 16GB of DDR4 RAM.
If you plan on upgrading to anything more than a GTX 970 in the future, get an i5 6500 over the i3, this will cost approx $300.

PSU is alright, but not great. That's probably next too. It will only support a 1070 max with that wattage, so if you go to buy that graphics card in the future, upgrade your power supply along with it, as it has poor ripple test performance, and poor quality components, although it is still decent for the price.
Something to go with is the Seasonic S12II 650w, the XFX TS 650w, or the EVGA G2 650w depending on what is cheaper.

Is it too late to send everything back?

The CPU (APU to be precise) is going to bottleneck the GPU in a big way and a lot of games simply won't run on account of the APU being dual-core. The GPU is good, but completely outclassed by the similarly-priced RX 480.

An i3-6100 with a B150 or H170 motherboard is what you need right now.

I second this. Maybe even an i5 if you can cough up a bit more, its well worth it considering the future proofing it gives you in terms of graphics card upgrading capability. Something like this is an example of what you should go with, swapping out the i5 for an i3 6100 ($100 instead of $200) if you are only planning on using this graphics card for the next 3 years.