Microphone volume lowering itself periodically

Maxarini

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Its in the title.

I looked in the properties of my microphone and the volume keeps going from 100 to zero. It happens very often. sometimes once in 4 or 5 minutes and sometimes every other second.

I have a feeling that it is some sort of auto adjusting feature but it just started a day ago and I did not change any settings or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I use live video chat on a daily basis and need help very much.

Thanks.

Amoninuse

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Are you sure there isn't an application you're using that's adjusting it? Going to recording devices, right clicking on your microphone, selecting properties, then going to advanced should allow you to stop programs from making changes to your mic's settings. (uncheck the bottom boxes)

Amoninuse

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Do you know whether or not it might be a specific program starting it? Even a background program you wouldn't expect to could be causing it. I know for some games even if you don't allow exclusive privileges for applications they will still do this. Some Ubisoft games and Black Ops 3 in particular I'm sure of. I just go to levels and pump them back up, but that doesn't sound like your issue.