Black screen blinking cursor after installing updates

xJames

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Preface: Shutdown Windows 10 the proper way after being promted to install updates before bed. Turn it on in the morning and wait for it to finish installing updates as per usual. Enter BitLocker password and then enter Windows login screen password and desktop appears, however backlight on keyboard was now off and not able to type, so I hard reset the computer as the keyboard has done this a few times before and hard resetting the computer has always fixed the issue.

That's when the problem started:
I press the power button, go past the bios logo as usual on startup and then all I see is a black screen with a blinking cursor. No mouse or anything.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks!

Specs:
CPU: i5 3570k regular clock
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V
GPU: GTX 660
PSU: Corsair TX750
SSD: 120GB GT Corsair (OS is installed here)
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude (Contains programs, games etc)
Keyboard: Corsair K60

Not sure if it could be a problem trying to fix this but BitLocker is on.

Troubleshooting I have already tried:
1. Remove GPU and try to boot.
2. Remove GPU and all RAM, then try to boot with only 1 of the RAM modules inserted into the mobo. I repeated this 4 times.
3. Remove GPU, and disconnect all HDD's except SSD which has the OS on.
All of these result in the same problem of a black screen with a blinking cursor.
4. Remove GPU and all HDD's with just the SSD (OS) connected. Used the latest version of Hiren's boot CD to run Memtest and tested 16gb of RAM. RAM is OK.
5. Messed around with bios settings after looking at loads of different threads.

xJames

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Currently just tried booting into XP enviroment using Hiren's boot cd from a USB. Opened Check Disk which displays 4 volumes. I assume Volume 0 and Volume 1 and 2 is my SSD which has the OS, however it seems weird that there are so many. And Volume 2 is the USB as that is 1GB.

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
Volume 0 C System Rese NTFS Partition 100 MB Healthy
Volume 1 E Partition 119 GB Healthy
Volume 2 NTFS Partition 250 MB Healthy
Volume 3 D RECOVERYCD FAT32 Removable 974 MB Healthy

I disk checked Ltr C which is Volume 0 and it competes successfully. However when I disk check Ltr E Volume 1 it saids "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives. Anyone have any idea why it would be RAW?

Sorry about the formatting