Blue Screen: ? IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error (possible Driver error)

Duhler

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Had the computer for about 3 years now and kinda need some assistance, computer would blue screen once or twice a month and I never really paid attention to it until one day when it did it 3 times in a row. Fresh installed windows updated the drivers thought I would fix it the good old clean install. Fast forward about a month after I reinstalled everything and its blue screened about 8 times now. Ive attached 2 Mini dumps out of the most recent crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what to do at this point but I believe drivers are the main cause of the issue I am having. Thanks in advance.

Side note, I have a few other blue screens up until the end of June with other blue screen codes besides IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. If seeing these would help please let me know I'd be more than happy to upload them as well.

According to Bluescreenviewer it looks like the ntoskrnl.exe is always causing an issue when it crashes. My computer will also reboot randomly and bring up the post and then launches into windows normally when
I'm typically playing a game. (no blue screens just a restart)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOL_nGY8SzjRVJ2Ui1uMDY0OWs/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOL_nGY8SzjZFpzMHRsc2RZT2M/view?usp=sharing

Solution
Chances are it's not the cpu. Cpus once correctly seated are almost impossible to kill other than by overheating issues as there's enough circuitry on the motherboard before the cpu, that any electrical worries are either absorbed, terminated or the motherboard itself becomes a giant fuse.

Psu? Possibly. If the outputs are out of spek or not constant or are erratic, then yes, you'll get errors.

My best guess it's the motherboard. Somewhere in the voltage regulatory circuitry, there's a failing cap or other component, even a busted solder joint, and once it gets hot, breaks connection or can't pass enough voltage and the vcore nose dives for a split second, which is all it takes to bluescreen.

The vcore itself is fluid, it'll raise...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
IRQ errors, and ntoskrnl.exe errors combined with crashing during gaming point directly to the psu. Those errors are most commonly associated with insufficient vcore voltage and are most commonly found when overclocking and undervolting. This is why a fresh windows didn't fix the issue. If your pc is overclocked, either raise the vcore or lower the oc. If its stock speeds, I'd be doing some research on the psu, monitoring vcore during idle, usage, games etc.

Duhler

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Thanks for the quick response Karadjgne. I downloaded a view programs and also looked at my bios during boot up and it looks like my vcore was at about 1.38 to 1.40. I then downloaded a program that shows my vcore fluctuating between .90 to 1.425. I never got into overclock or underclocking but as I booted up a game my computer froze on me and begame unresponsive I then rebooted and on boot up and right after logging into windows blue screened again.

The 2 dmp files I have provided you are the only 2 errors I got back to back with the same bug check screen.

I also have a Quota Underflow caused by yours truly ntoskrnl.exe. As well as a Kmode_Exception not handled caused by Ntoskrnl.exe as well as NTFS.sys. These errors all showed up in the past month after fresh installing late june. Would these bluescreens/errors also point to the PSU? I appreciate the help.

Quick update again, downloaded Prime95 ran the basic test on it and it restarted my pc within 5 seconds so I guess now its either a PSU or CPU issue.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Chances are it's not the cpu. Cpus once correctly seated are almost impossible to kill other than by overheating issues as there's enough circuitry on the motherboard before the cpu, that any electrical worries are either absorbed, terminated or the motherboard itself becomes a giant fuse.

Psu? Possibly. If the outputs are out of spek or not constant or are erratic, then yes, you'll get errors.

My best guess it's the motherboard. Somewhere in the voltage regulatory circuitry, there's a failing cap or other component, even a busted solder joint, and once it gets hot, breaks connection or can't pass enough voltage and the vcore nose dives for a split second, which is all it takes to bluescreen.

The vcore itself is fluid, it'll raise and lower depending on demand, so fluctuations of 0.9v-1.2v are entirely normal. 1.4v or higher isn't. There isn't any stock setting that'll allow a stock cpu to volt to 1.4v or higher other than on really old cpus

Solution

TRENDING THREADS