Problems with Acer XF270HU - help me choose a different model/brand please.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hello guys,

I've been inactive lately but I'm back now with a plea for help.

After using an Acer GD245HQ (TN panel, 120Hz) for over 4 years I decided it was time for an upgrade. As budget was tight I decided I wanted to spend around £400. So I ordered an Acer XF270HU (27" IPS, 144 Hz, FreeSync) .

When the monitor arrived it had a whole cluster of dead/stuck pixels, so I sent it back and got a replacement. The replacement arrived but it has such a horrendous IPS glow that it makes me feel as if I am getting cross-eyed, and can't spend more than 10 minutes looking at the screen.

I spent 8 hours yesterday calibrating it and playing with all kind of settings, and also trying to position the monitor at different angles, but the IPS glow is just too high for me to bear.

The company I bought it from are happy to take it back, but now I'm not sure I want to go through already a 3d monitor, only to find one that I am happy with. I think it might be a better idea to just get a refund and order a different brand/model.

Could you please help me choose between the following models:

1. BenQ XR3501 35" UltraWide 144Hz Curved
2. BenQ XL2730Z 27" WQHD 144Hz FreeSync
3. AOC AGON AG271QX 27" QHD 144Hz

As you might have gathered I insist on the monitor refresh rate to be at least 120Hz.
I'm not bothered if the monitor has FreeSync/GSync or not.

Problem with the choices above as I see are as follow:

1. BenQ XR3501 35" UltraWide 144Hz Curved - too small resolution for its size. Never had an AMVA monitor before so no idea how good/bad it is.

2. BenQ XL2730Z 27" WQHD 144Hz - TN panel.

3. AOC AGON AG271QX 27" QHD 144Hz - TN panel and since it's only been released no reliable reviews online.

As the Acer XF270HU was my first IPS panel I am now absolutely petrified that any IPS monitor I may order might have the same IPS glow. So I am now almost ready to go back to using TN panels but I would like to hear your opinion.

Please help!