HELP - cleaned Monitor with WD40, what next?

MGediG

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi, as title says.

I used a microfibre cloth in my room that I forgot had some WD40 residue on it still. I started to wipe down my Yamakasi Catleap with it, stopped when I saw my error, and now I have a kind of oily circle where it looks like I have wiped off a layer of coating.

I have cleaned thoroughly, and been over it several times with cleaning solution and a clean microfibre cloth, but there is a patch still left.

I'm wondering if I should now clean the whole glass with WD40, to completely remove the coating and so there is not this one circle on the right hand side of the display.

What's the risk if I carefully wipe the rest of the display with WD40?

I'm not exactly sure of the build of the display, whether this is the LCD panel we are talking about or the glass on top.

It doesn't ruin the viewing, but the patch is evident that it's there when the monitor is off. Just a real pain for the old perfectionism. Almost ready to buy a new monitor and use this as the excuse, but can't afford it and this will definitely affect the resale...

Thanks for reading

Solution
Some monitors will have a anti glare coating.
It looks like the wd40 dissolved it.
I think the best you can do would be to clean the rest of the coating off.
There may be some glare, but that will be better than looking at a strange spot.
Some monitors will have a anti glare coating.
It looks like the wd40 dissolved it.
I think the best you can do would be to clean the rest of the coating off.
There may be some glare, but that will be better than looking at a strange spot.

Solution