Workstation for college

NewBlood1221

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
I'm new to building computers and I need one that will last a while I want to 3D graphic design and am willing to spend $1500 or a little more if needed.

Solution
No problem. Fair enough.

Just wanted to present an option to consider....

What you do need to do is learn about the 3d graphic software applications you will be using and what system requirements are needed to support that software.

To "last awhile" you will need to exceed those specifications or be sure to plan for growth within your system.

Plan your build to meet the specifications, check the cost against your budget, then "upgrade" your build with some future proofing: faster CPU/GPU, more RAM, larger drive, etc..

Start with this link in this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-pc,2601.html

Ralston18

Titan
No problem with you wishing to build your own system but the costs and risks are problematic for anyone.

I would recommend just purchasing a system so you will have warranties and support to at least some extent.

If you are enrolling in a graphic design program/major find out what system(s) or system requirements are recommended by the program.

Maybe you can purchase the computer via the college - may be some student discount available (especially for software) and the cost could be much less...

Just consider the options and tradeoffs.

Ralston18

Titan
No problem. Fair enough.

Just wanted to present an option to consider....

What you do need to do is learn about the 3d graphic software applications you will be using and what system requirements are needed to support that software.

To "last awhile" you will need to exceed those specifications or be sure to plan for growth within your system.

Plan your build to meet the specifications, check the cost against your budget, then "upgrade" your build with some future proofing: faster CPU/GPU, more RAM, larger drive, etc..

Start with this link in this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-pc,2601.html

Solution