Is the hdk2 a legitimate working headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

super13omb

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I am aware that it does not seem that the hdk2 is not really out yet but the 1.4 is and I am wondering if it is a real working vr headset on par with vive and the rift. And if so why is no one buying this when it is a lot cheaper?

Solution
That's part of the hacker/development side. You're going to probably have to test that yourself or see if others accomplish it once it's released.
Probably because they are development kits. They are not complete products, their purpose is to be tinkered with. The Rift and Vive are more consumer headsets and offer a more complete out of the box experience. Plus the Rift and Vive certainly have more attention and discussion around them so when people think of VR, they think Rift or Vive.

super13omb

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

But if I were to purchase the hdk2 can I still play steam games on it. From my understanding it seems just like it doesn't really have software on it and you need to do it yourself. So if I downloaded software for it would I be able to play vr games like tabletop simulator and job simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.