FPS Drops after turned on computer for 10 minutes

Calvin_13

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
So, its been 5 days and my pc became like this. After turned my pc on, i got my fps drops for my whole game, even my chrome looks really laggy, but when i watch videos on youtube, it doesn't lag. Before 10 minutes, i had my games at 60+ fps, but when it comes to 10 minutes, it drops to 10-15 fps. I've change my drivers like 10 times, reseated the gpu, change display cable. All cpu and gpu clock work normal
Here are my specs :
- AMD A8-7600
- GTX 750 Ti
- gigabyte f2a68hm-ds2
- 8 GB ram corsair vegeance
- 600 W PSU
appreciate any help. thanks

Solution
Hey @Mouldread, thanks for replying, accidentally, to fix my sound software, i ran sfc /scannow and now my problem has been fixed. Thanks for all your help and answer, i really appreciate it.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hey, it sounds like your GPU or CPU is overheating.

Download HWinfo http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php and run it with a tick on Sensor-only.

21jnewz.jpg

Then run a game or something and wait until your computer starts lagging again. Exit the game and take a look at HWinfo. It should show your minimum, maximum and average temperatures for your CPU, GPU, hard drives etc. If you are not sure if your temperatures are normal or not you could post them here and we'll take a look.

This is example where to look for the GPU temperatures:

23h17jk.jpg

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hello again,

I guess you have taken these screenshots after the PC has started to lag? If so, the GPU temperatures look normal, but the CPU temperatures reported by HWinfo seem a little strange. The temperature of your CPU seem to be hitting 99 degrees. HWinfo does seem to have problems interpreting the AMD TCTL signal correctly, and thus is reporting inaccurate temperatures as being too high or too low.

You could try downloading AMD Overdrive http://download.amd.com/Desktop/aod_setup_4.3.1.0698.exe and reading this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html?_ga=1.165082678.803845448.1469032108 article to see how to measure and understand the temperatures of your AMD APU better.

On the other hand to be honest, it would make a lot of sense if your CPU is overheating. When/if the CPU gets too hot and doesn't receive appropriate cooling, it will start throttling itself down to try and prevent being damaged. It might be worth checking the CPU cooler and see if it's working properly, also is it some aftermarket one or the stock cooler that comes with the CPU? Have you installed it yourself or someone else, does it have enough (but not too much thermal paste), does the fan spin properly and it's not clogged with dust and so on.

I'm sorry if I'm not helping much but I'm trying.

Calvin_13

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hey @Mouldread, thanks for replying, accidentally, to fix my sound software, i ran sfc /scannow and now my problem has been fixed. Thanks for all your help and answer, i really appreciate it.

Solution