I think my PC isnt performing as it should.

TeoWinter

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Hi, my pc isnt performing like it should. (i think).

The whole computer crashes when playing Fallout 4, which makes me think it´s the powersupply thats not powerful enough.
But the computer doesnt perform very well in other games either, and that makes me think its the GPU..
Maybe it´s both?

The specs are:

CPU AMD FX-8320
Vishera 32nm Technology

14,0GB RAM

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 LE R2.0

Graphics
1279MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Storage
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BPVT-75JJ5T0 (SATA)
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 (SATA)
149GB Western Digital WDC WD1600AAJS-08L7A0 (SATA)

The PCU is a 400W Cooler master thing..

I just wanted a professional thought before i go out buying things i dont need. Thank you in advance. :)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
400W is quite low for that GPU - fairly typical systems with the 570 run in the 340W-370W range at load. Given that you're talking about what is likely a very old PSU that also likely isn't very high quality (I'm guessing this isn't one of the new lines of Cooler Master PSUs that are excellent), it's not at all surprising that in games that tax the GPU to the utmost, you'd be running into some power issues. There's no guarantee that the PSU is the problem, but from the facts on the ground, I think it's the most likely issue.

It sounds to me like a mixture of both old tech and a failing power supply. The AMD CPU isnt the best, so it might bottleneck performance due to poor single core performance. I've seen benchmarks of the 570 running 60 FPS in fallout four, so I doubt it's the GPU. If you can, please tell me the specific make and model of your power supply if you want a professional response (it is extremely important.)

TeoWinter

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016

Hey, thanks for the fast answer.

My information previously was incorrect, the power supply is a bequiet! kraft 400W.
Thanks.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

No change in my answer. That line of Be Quiet! PSU is an old one based on an entry-level FSP platform, so while it's probably unimpressive-but-adequate, even a great 400W could possibly be a problem with this load.

TeoWinter

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016

Alright! So im going to look into buying a new and better psu then! :) Thank you for your help! :)