Good Build, Bad FPS

xRecKs

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Hello i built my current computer back in December and straight away knew that it wasn't preforming the way it should, since then i have upgraded it even more yet seen next to no difference confirming that my computer is 100% under-preforming.

Here is my build, hopefully someone has had the same issue and now has a fix for this...

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX
Video Card: MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (DDR3 1866 Mhz)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
PSU: EVGA Super NOVA 850W PC Power Supply - Gold
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive (x2)
Upgraded Fans: Noctua NF-F12PWM Case Fan 120 mm (x5)

My issue with the computer is, i don't seem to be getting even close to the fps i should be getting. This all started on my first build from around 15 months ago, It was a budget build using a GTX 760 which performed great for what i used it for. I then upgraded it to a GTX 980 which of course should of gave a noticeable fps difference but i felt like it really didn't change anything.

So i thought maybe it was time to start fresh and build a new computer, i ordered all new parts other than the GTX 980 which was basically brand new and my hard drive. Yet after spending over £1000 on new parts my new build felt almost the same still. Since then i have recently upgraded to a GTX 1080 and as you can guess by now, i see barely any changes.

I have had this issue for months and months so i would appreciate if someone could help me fix it.