Windows 10 prep for RAID0 SSD

sporadic_kit

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Hi all, im running Windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS maximus viii on a single SSD.

Its time to RAID0 those SSD's, image the OS then put the image back over the top of the new RAID0 volume.

Can anyone advise what I need to do to prep for this move?

I had a go but getting inaccessible boot device. I'll revert back to the old SSD (which still has the OS on it). It maybe that I need to convert it to GPT before imaging or something like that.

Thanks appreciate your help!

"Its time to RAID0 those SSD's, image the OS then put the image back over the top of the new RAID0 volume" you will need to do a clean install as raid uses IDE commands and not ACHI normally and its not simple to convert a windows install backwords.

also windows has to configure itself to load the raid drivers first thing. (windows also requires raid drivers to be manually selected and loaded from the manufacture prior to install beginning). Raid also will stop advance commands like trim command to the SSD and windows will treat the ssd as a hdd which is not the best for them. Raid will also result in a lot slower boot time with windows 10.

after all that no real world performance to gain.

ive tried a windows 10 ssd raid with two Samsung 512 gb models. trust me there is nothing to gain unless the build is being used for just a dedicated file server.