Benq hue and saturation grayed out

ThinBlueLine

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Hello all,

So here's my issue. I'm a console gamer (I know, PC master race) on the ps4. I decided to pick up a gaming monitor as I've only ever gamed on various Samsung hdtv's. I picked up the Benq RL2455HM. Awesome monitor. I truly love it. Its a prefect little 60hz monitor for my ps4 and the response time is ridiculous compared to using my HDTV.

My issue is that I cannot manually adjust the hue or saturation when the monitor is connected to the ps4 via HDMI cord. I've tried selecting all of the seven preset configurations (standard, movie, photo, sRGB, eco, RTS 1 and RTS 2). The only extra module that becomes available is gamma when I select standard. Doesn't look good to me. Movie in my opinion has the best overall picture but the color saturation isn't high enough for me where as photo mode has great color but overall picture is weak.

Xbox one players are able to adjust their hue and saturation due to them being able to select different color pixel formats within the Xbox isltself. Ps4 only has rgb full or limited. I'm running full and my monitor is running full (0-255).

Is there anyway for me to unlock this setting when using the ps4? If not would I be able to hook the monitor up to my PC and if I find a way to adjust saturation on one of the profiles will that saturation level carry over when I hook it up back to my console?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain in detail the issue I'm having. I've been pulling my hair out the last 4 days! If I can bump the saturation while its in movie mode by about 10 levels I think the display would absolutely perfect. Here's a link to an Xbox one player adjusting the saturation via HDMI connection.....something that I am unable to do for some reason on ps4.

https://youtu.be/8EORcYCOWLQ

ThinBlueLine

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Well I guess I'll answer my own question:

I had to connect the monitor to my PC via HDMI. Hue and saturation were unlocked on the PC. I adjusted the saturation to my liking and saved the profile to "gamer 1."

From there I am able to hook the monitor back to my ps4 and use the gamer 1 profile. I read somewhere else on the internet that the saturation/hue settings that were adjusted on the PC will still be FORCED on the console even though the option are grayed out and no longer adjustable.

I can confirm this works as the saturation was bumped to 75 from 50 and colors look much more vibrant on my ps4.

Jalen_1

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I'm glad you asked this question because I was having the same problem with my monitor(RL2455hm) and I saw that people can change the saturation and hue but I couldn't. Is there something I'm supposed to do? I hook the monitor up to my PC and change the saturation to 75 and saved it to gamer 3 and it works on PC but when I use it on ps4 it doesn't work. Do you know how to fix this?