Upgrading my video card not sure if it will be a problem for my system

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Okay that's all goes well I might be able to do this, I'm looking to upgrade my video card once I get my computer up to 64 bit version of Windows 7. But because of my PCI express x16 2.0 I'm not sure if there will be a performance hit to the games I'll be playing or anything else for that matter. I've looked over performance of the GTX 650 Ti and the GXT 750 Ti with the 750 Ti winning overall due to its non-PCI-e connector not being on card. But even more so if I could find this card (650 Ti) at a lower price should I go ahead and buy it? Not to mention selling my old card and my laptop to raise the cash so what you think?

First of all, go for W10 while teh upgrade offer lasts. It runs better on older hardware than 7.
Second, PCIE x16 2.0 i sufficient and will not bottlenck any GPU. All AMD's current platforms use it without issue.
Third, the RX 460 should be coming out for 100 for the 2GB version this week Get that as it will definitely be a better card to those you had in mind, adn it also will have no power connector.

kansaw

Respectable
Jul 23, 2016
Consider the RX480. I've put it in three different desktops as upgrades. One is PCIE 2.0 and two are PCIE 3.0 All worked great. The last one is in a Lenovo x315 desktop. It has an AMD FX770K quad core CPU. 16 Gb ram. Driving a Seiki 42" TV at full 4K 60 fps on HDMI 2.0 port. Gaming is fantastic. Had to remove the old GPU and add one external power supply for the 6 pin power.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

One win 10 has a lot of bugs and privacy problem that's why people Won't upgrade to it. Second the card's too long it might not fit in their.

One problem Problem: price the same goes for the Hlsgsz post I'm better off getting this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487025

Or it's Superclocked counterpart.