Bluetooth audio device not connected, but paired Windows 10

daveeede

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with connecting my bluetooth speaker to my laptop. The laptop is a Dell XPS 15 and is supposed to support Bluetooth 4.1 LE. The bluetooth speakers that I've tried are the UE Boom and the UE Mobile Boombox. Both give me the same issue.

After I connect to the speaker in bluetooth settings, it shows the device as paired. But when I go to the audio playback settings to set the device as default, it only shows "Bluetooth Hands-free audio" and says it is disconnected. Has anybody had similar issues???

This is what I've tried so far:
1. Remove and re-pair the speakers.
2. Update all bluetooth drivers from device manager.
3. Update bluetooth driver from broadcom's website.
4. Update the firmware on the UE Boom.
5. I also tried to connect to the devices in the Connect tab in the action center, but I get a "Can't Connect" message.

Nothing has worked so far. On a side note, my Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse works no problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Solution
OK I have seemed to fix the issue. I went into programs and features and uninstalled the Broadcom driver. Restarted the laptop and the problem seems to be fixed.

Apparently the Broadcom WIFI/BT Card in this laptop is garbage. Most people actually replace it with an Intel 8260 or similar card.

daveeede

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
OK I have seemed to fix the issue. I went into programs and features and uninstalled the Broadcom driver. Restarted the laptop and the problem seems to be fixed.

Apparently the Broadcom WIFI/BT Card in this laptop is garbage. Most people actually replace it with an Intel 8260 or similar card.

Solution