Help with Triple Monitor set up...

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
I have no idea where to start.

I have an amd 7800 HD series graphics card.

Currently I have on monitor plugged in via DVI, one HDMI and the last Mini-Display port to HDMI (straight wire, no adapter so should be active already)

all monitors work fine, when I unplug one the other one turns on however, All three will not work at the same time, and i am out of options. I'm not sure what I did, but the third monitor isn't even detecting, two monitors work but just shows the same thing as one, I can't even extend the desktop anymore, this has got me so frustrated I am out of options and don't want to punch my computer. All help is appreciated.

Edit - now when I plug in the displayport connections it duplicates monitor one and no able to change it, and monitor 3 turns off. When I unplug it, Monitor 1 works and monitor 3 becomes monitor 2. monitor 2 no longer works (obviously)

All drivers are up to date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Alexoiu - Sorry, I was talking to the "computer guru" at my local Fry's Electronics when he told me that the one I had purchased before was passive, he stated that the straight wire would be active. I will try and order that and see how it goes.

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Alexoiu, The problem is resolved as far as my computer recognizing all three monitors, however now, The middle monitor will not display anything, when looking in to display settings on windows, it's being forced to display resolution 5888X1012. When I change it to 1920X1080 it just resets back, so AMD Eyefinity wont allow me to set my monitors accordingly. I've tried to reboot, any other suggestions?

JustinTiburon

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
No, that was the one plugged in to the displayport. However unplugging the hdmi cable and dvi and plugging back in seems to have fixed the resolution issue. Windows did recognize all three monitors however, was still not getting picture on the middle monitor (displayport) and then tried to open up AMD Radeon settings with Eyefinity, it caused the displays to revert again to the 5888 resolution.