Gaming/ Streaming build

Jessew1089

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys, I've recently gotten into streaming a little bit and im thinking about upgrading my PC and wanted some help. First off my current build:

GPU- Geforce GTX 970
CPU-intel core i5-4670k @3.40
MB-Z87-G45(MS7821)
RAM-16gb DDR3-Crucial
PSU-evga 750w

Ive been told that my PC as is should be able to stream if i OC the CPU(and get a water cooler). The problem is i have absolutely no experience overclocking and truthfully its a little intimidating. Do you think id be fine with what i have now if i just overclock the CPU? Ive streamed a few times and on lower end games my CPU stayed at around 70-80% but when i streamed Evolve it stayed at 100% for about 5 mintues so i shut it down. Just wanting some opinions. If i do upgrade, this is what im thinking about:

GPU-Keeping the 970 until the aftermarket 1080's come out (have my eye on Gigabytes Extreme version)
CPU-Intel I7-6850k
MB-Asus Rampage V Edition 10 EATX LGA2011-3
RAM-G.Skill Trident Z series
CPU cooler- Corsair h100i (although ive heard the software is really frustrating to use so im open to suggestions)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Also looking at upgrading my case to a Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX full tower (as my current case is about 12 years old and everything is a tight fit)