Wifi stays connecting according to windows, wifi dropping constantly

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I'm running a HP envy and it came with windows 10, but since I got the stupid thing, I have to manually disconnect and reconnect from my wifi every few hours. We had some issues with our internet, so I was thinking that was part of the issue, but that has been fixed and I'm still having constant issues on my computer. I will be online and active (few tabs open, working connected to a server on the other side of the US) and all the sudden, I get the spinning wheel and my network files are now disconnected. The other computers in the office are staying connected fine (except when the person with another one of these envy's are here and he has the same issues).
I have updated the drivers and ran the troubleshooter more times than I can count. I made a batch file to try to fix the issue but it stops at the ipconfig /renew (posting batch at bottom of post). I'm running out of ideas...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

batch...
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
pause
shutdown /r

Solution
Look in the Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Wireless Adapter Settings. Change to "Maximum Power". That's a change from all earlier versions of Windows. Wasn't that brilliant on the part of the clever devils at Microsoft!

Good luck.
Look in the Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> Wireless Adapter Settings. Change to "Maximum Power". That's a change from all earlier versions of Windows. Wasn't that brilliant on the part of the clever devils at Microsoft!

Good luck.

Solution