Can the amd Wraith Cooler fit inside my Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P?!

chipmunklover0405

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Hi,

I am wanting to go from a FX-4300 CPU with stock cooler to a FX-8350 CPU with wraith cooler on a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P 1.0 mobo, but have concerns. The concerns are that the wraith cooler maybe so big that it will hit the heatsink to the left of the CPU socket and the one below it and maybe hit a memory stick to the right of it. I also discovered the 2.0 version of the motherboard I have only supports up to 450G for the weight of CPU coolers and the wraith cooler is supposedly 455G. Do you think I'm safe to use the wraith cooler on this motherboard or no????? Also note if getting a back plate is the option I can not without buying a new case cause the standoffs in my case are so bad off I can't remove the motherboard and put it back. The standoffs I have are the type you clip into the case they don't screw in. You can't find the standoffs for my case anymore. My case is a green Chenbro brand. It's very old...

Bulanel

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
None taken, but do you actually expect someone to have your mobo and wraith cooler and tell you if it fits? The solution I gave you seems pretty simple to me: take a damn ruler and measure your motherboard.