Need a new power supply for my computer when I buy my video card

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I just realized that I need a new power supply before I can buy the Nvidia Geforce 750 Ti this thing is the recommended wattage of about 300 Watts the power supply only has 350 W of power that's about like what 50 W of power left. The pictures here is begin look at it is all the power supply itself I am not sure if an aftermarket power supply wouldn't have enough clearance in the case not to mention all of them have switch on their. So I'll let you decide do you think I have enough space to put a new power supply in or not? I also know that I would need a modular power supply to stop all the wires from clogging up in the case and restricting airflow.
tVdjXmp.jpg

MR812lO.jpg

vCyOghR.jpg

inerax

Distinguished
Sure you have enough room. Here is what I use. I run a 6950 with this and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Continuous-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU

Edit:: the above PSU is the same size as the one you currently have. No changes will be needed.

This required 300w+ of power. You could try it and see if it works. My 6950 worked with a really cheap 300w for over 12 months. The system started to restart and then I purchased the EVGA PSU.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
if have doughts look for extreme power supply calculatetor online and imput everything on your system and calculate it will tell ya exactly the size power supply ya need .

it has drop boxes for selective everything from cpu to video cards ect how many hads and ssds ya running amount of fans ect

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

That's not accurate and not the way to determin power draw.

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
is to extreme power supply calculator takes in account how many usb device ya using if running sli takes in account every piece of hardware or lighting ya put in your tower so ya cant tell me its not accurate.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

A caps age has nothing to do with its life span heat is the main factor thats why their rated by hours at a specific heat range.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Right but just to be safe i'll buy the PSU with the GPU.

Don't worry I will.

Just trying to safe then sorry that's all.

Like I said just playing it safe.

I see what let's just pray that the price doesn't go up I'm doing this as a victory lap if Donald Trump wins the presidential election. I have a paypal link to one of the bank accounts my mom put on lockdown because she thinks him spend it all. There's about over $1000 in that said account once Trump wins the presidential election or when he wins not only will I both buy the video card and upon supply unit but I will also sign it saying thank you Donald Trump you have just saved America from God's judgment. Will any rate let's just pray that the price stays down and doesn't rise always up until November 8 That'll rub salt into the wounds. If he doesn't then I'll be on a plane ticket to get out of this country as fast as possible.

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
CAPACITORS AGE MAN IT JUST AINT HEAT LOOK IT UP BEFORE YA START POINTING FINGERS THEY LOOSE CAPPACITY OVER TIME HOW YA LOVE MAX WATTAGE TO POWER SUPPLYS OVER TIME IT JUST AINT HEAT

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

I THINK YOUR THE ONE THAT WRONG LOOK UP CAPACIRTOR AGING CAUSE YOUR DUMBBER THEN A DOOR KNOB IF YA DONT KNOW THAT . KEP CRITIZIZING PEEPS THAT GIVE GOOD IMPUT WHEN YA DONT KNOW HAT THE HECK YOUR TALKIGN ABOUT . GOOGLE CAPACITOR AGING IT AINT JUST HEAT .

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
CAPACITORS AGE OVER TIME REGUARDLES THE AMOUNT OF HEAT THOUGH HEAT COULD MAKE M AGE FASTER . WHY I RECOMMENED THE EXTREME OPOWER SUPPLY CALCUTATOR CUASE IT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HOUR OF OPERATION ECT . YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIGN ABOUT WHEN POWER SUPPLY COMPANYS OR ENGINEERS ARE THE ONES THAT MADE THE POWER SUPPLY CALCULATOR AVALIABE FOR PEOPLE TO USE

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
its a know fact power supply lose wattage over time no matter how cool ya keep em but cooler ya keep it and clean it and don't run it 24/7 the longer it will last unless ya replace all the capacitors at some point.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

You know wildcard you didn't have to type all of that in different posts you should just typed it all in one post. But I see your point about the power supply calculations.

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
don't type well man bad hand I'm 38 years old and my hand are screwed from years of welding bad enough got a metal plate and 6 screws in my dominate hand still when I broke it back in 06

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Ouch sorry to hear that.