High End Gaming Build Feedback Requested

lkreutz

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Looking for some constructive feedback on the following build. The goal was high end gaming rig that's able to play the most current titles and handle VR if possible.

The video card is a bit of a variable. I at least know I want to pick up a GTX 1080 8GB at 1.76, but everything has been out of stock for awhile, so I suspect whatever comes in stock might dictate the specific 1080 I end up buying; strong arguments for a specific type of GTX 1080 8GB at 1.76, or otherwise, would be a big help.

I've saved the cash back for awhile so I'm looking to make a smart investment. Any constructive feedback or thoughts are highly appreciated. Thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming Video Card

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 27.0" 144Hz Monitor

Gaming 7 board is only worth it if you use an analogue sound system / headset.
If you don't you can get the Gaming 5 or an Asus board for 30€ less or get a board for the same price that offers even more features

850W PSU is slightly overkill I think.
Even if you plan on over-clocking a 750W will be more than enough.

for the GPU: the Pascals are all pretty much the same. Go.with whatever gets you the best clock on the dollar. Read a review about the top card by palit, excellent card; read a test of the Gainward GLH, looks amazing as well. Besides that the usual suspects (Asus, GA,...) don't do much wrong either.

CL 14 Ripjaw Vs or Trident Zs have better timings (14-14-14 instead of 15-17-17) than Corsair at this point

lkreutz

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Thank you, I'll take a look at your suggestions.