Anyone have experience with 30hz monitor? What's it like for browsing the web and watching videos (including 4k videos)?

Brian_W

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the help.

Bonus question: Anyone know where I can get a USB-C to HDMI 2.0 cable that works? Hdmi 2.0 is the only connection that works for 4k at 60HZ right?

Solution
Well, depending on the 4k video source, if you don't have support for the correct HDCP level, it's not going to play anyway.

I find browsing and working on 4k @ 30 to be very annoying, but this is subjective. It is certainly something I got used to, but still I don't like it, so 99% of the time I don't do it. The mouse feel is very noticeable different. I only switch up to 4k when I need the screen real estate, which isn't often.

It certainly works fine, but being subjective, only you can decide if it's something you want to work with on a regular basis.
Well, depending on the 4k video source, if you don't have support for the correct HDCP level, it's not going to play anyway.

I find browsing and working on 4k @ 30 to be very annoying, but this is subjective. It is certainly something I got used to, but still I don't like it, so 99% of the time I don't do it. The mouse feel is very noticeable different. I only switch up to 4k when I need the screen real estate, which isn't often.

It certainly works fine, but being subjective, only you can decide if it's something you want to work with on a regular basis.

Solution