Multiple Display Issues

Summerof87

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Talking with a friend and he has been having a few problems ever since he started using his TV as an extra monitor. I'm just going to post the chat log of him explaining to me what is going on, if anybody has any idea what it could be please let me know so I can pass on the info for him. Thank you!

so when the tv turns off and on it messes with the primary screen selection as well as shifts everything around
like the computer loses all track that there ever was a monitor there until it turns back on
wheras with the other monitor when its off its just a black space but it can still be used
i dont think there is any fixing it
i just wish it didnt change my second monitors resolution when it does
secondly i have a usb extention cord that goes to my headset when using the htc vive
when its using the usb extention cord it causes the computer to not be able to start anything
like it holds up EVERYTHING
i have to unplug the headset start the game and then plug it in
because the other way around it never starts

Solution
on the tv see if it has the newest firmware see if it a firmware bug.
on the headset make sure the mb bios is up to date to rule out a bug with the usb ports. some usb devices and some mb are known to lock up do to high voltage pull on the usb chipset. you may need a powered usb hub.
on the tv see if it has the newest firmware see if it a firmware bug.
on the headset make sure the mb bios is up to date to rule out a bug with the usb ports. some usb devices and some mb are known to lock up do to high voltage pull on the usb chipset. you may need a powered usb hub.

Solution