Gigabyte R9 390 G1 GPU Crossfire issue

Papa Daemon

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS, I greatly appreciate it!!

Well I have my new build put together and running. Here is the system:

CASE:NZXT H630
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 GV-r939G1 gaming (x2)
PSU: Rosewill Quark-1000
CPU: Intel i7-6700k 8M skylake quad 4.0 GHZ LGA 1151
SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2
RAM: G.Skill ripjaws v series 32gb (4x8) DDR4 3400
HDD: WD Purple 6TB
CPU Cooler: Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01
Internal media drive: LG WH14NS40
MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170X (rev 1.0)

Everything runs great! Except.....

I noticed some disintergrating graphics and freeze ups while doing what I consider not very taxing tasks.For example, two ventrillos, Ultima Online running, Icq running, UO cartographer running.

So I downlaoded Future mark and Furmark.

First thing I noticed when attempting to run Furmark, system would re boot as soon as I click GO, like i pulled plug from wall.

System rarely makes it thru 3d mark test

I have now found that I can run both tests with crossfire disabled.

Temps all look good, voltages in BIOS all look good. PSU rating *should* carry both cards in crossfire

I am a novice, and have tried really hard to resolve this on my own. I have googled and followed everything I can find related to this. I have booted into safe mode, used DDU for AMD, re installed drivers and software from AMD scan for driver and also manually. I have flashed bios, and made sure chipset drivers are up to date. Direct x is up to date.

I installed win 7 and then upgraded to win 10. Have copy of WIN 10 enroute in case I need to do a clean WIN 10 install bypassing the WIN 7 upgrade.

I suspect that the draw for the cards in crossfire is tripping the 12v OCP, but again, I am a novice.
If this is the case, I need to find a PSU with (2) 12v rails?

I am really flopping here. I would really like my system to bench test(who wouldnt)

Any help or direction I would be so grateful for. I have most of the log progs, IE CPU Z HWmonitor etc.

Maybe someone can help me figure this out thru event viewer and or dump logs, Which I can not read very well, but can probably manage to get them posted...

Thank you for taking time to read this, I will continue to research....