Intel Core i7 6700K vs 6800K - For Work

ArmCrook

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I am getting ready to build my work computer and have come across the Intel Core i7 6700K and the 6800K. (Which, if after reading all of this you have a better suggestion for what I'm doing, please feel free to express that.) I'm not sure if A: I need the extra two cores, or B: if these are even the right ones to be looking at. I'm relatively new to building PCs.

This machine will be used primarily for work. On any given day I will have the following all going at the same time:

• MS Visual Studio
    MS SQL Server Managment Studio
    Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Illustrator
    and other random programs (MS Office, Slack, Skype, Wunderlist, ManicTime, three different browsers for testing, etc.)

I am a software developer and designer, so I spend a lot of time in both sets of environments and often both at the same time. Any suggestions on whether the 6700K or the 6800K is better for what I'm doing, or if there is another CPU that you would suggest, I do appreciate.

Money is an object, so I'm trying to be price conscious, but I am curious as to what is simply the best for my situation. Thanks for your responses and opinions.