Constant BSODs and Windows failures.

AlaskanT

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I hope this is not too hard to follow. I'm trying my best to put a good post together, because i don't know when i'll get another bluescreen and lose everything i've written.

I run Windows 10 x64.

Ok, so my personal PC has 2 fairly old HDDs and a mobo that's probably the same age. Prior to this i had only one HDD ( 1 TB, 5400 RPM) and it kept failing. I reinstalled my windows like 5 times in a month because of BSODs and windows getting really slow ( freezing for 1-2 minutes after every click ). The BSODs i was getting were: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. Every time i reinstalled the windows it worked absolutely fine for a week or so, considering that i use this PC for gaming, just for it to do the same thing over and over again ( becoming completely unusable ). A week ago i asked someone for a HDD and all they had was a 500GB WD HDD that had 5400 RPMs like the old one. I installed the windows on the new HDD thinking that the old one was faulty since i read on this forum and some others that the BSODs i was getting were about hardware problems. At the moment i have two HDDs in use, the new one for the operating system and the old one for storing games and stuff. Everything worked fine till today when i randomly got a BSOD ( UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION ) while playing a game. I rebooted and everything was fine for an hour till it happened again but with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried the sfc.exe/scannow thing and it said there's no problems. I don't really know what to do. Could it be the RAM memory? Could it be because of the SATA ports? My GPU is an EVGA GeForce GTX 660 and it's pretty big so it covers up SATA ports 1 and 2 which makes me use the 3 and 4 for the HDD's. I've also considered that the HDDs are to slow and old to run Windows 10.

UPDATE: i ran a crystaldiskinfo.exe and both hard drives are stated as "Caution". The one i have the operating system on says: Curent pending sector count: 2///Uncorrectable sector count: 1. The other one has 34 for for both pending and uncorrectable. I guess they are basically dead and i have to get a new hard drive.

TRENDING THREADS