Gigabyte h61m-s2pv motherboard with the Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 480 compatibility.

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Hello!

I've read several forums on the internet about the incompatibility of Rx 480 with some old motherboards. Since both the Rx 480 and Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 480 come with the UEFI bios, I was worried whether the Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 480 will boot properly on my gigabyte h61m-s2pv motherboard.
Well, I've seen some videos that explained about the BIOS switch (in Nitro+) only changing clock speeds so it probably isn't a switch between legacy and UEFI.

I've updated my motherboard's BIOS to latest, but unsure whether it will run the Sapphire Nitro+ Rx480 and I don't want to make a mistake by buying the card before knowing properly
Motherboard: gigabyte H61M-S2pv.

Could you help, please?
I don't even know if anybody could run the Rx480 on this motherboard :(
Also, if ever I try the card, do I have to reset the BIOS by taking off the battery for 1 minute before putting in the card for boot?

Also, please check the product link of the motherboard and the description if you need :) Thank You.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4505#sp

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Well, actually it does :V

I think you should know before talking. If you 'search' on the internet, you will find many people who were not even able to boot their pcs with h61 mobos with the Rx 480. Power problems would not stop the gpu from booting.

Very recently I got to know that in order for a BIOS to be UEFI or sth its OS must be booted in UEFI mode. And my and one of my friend's mobo isn't. He tried to boot in UEFI mode, didn't boot.

And Nitro+ Rx 480 NEEDS UEFI mobo (also UEFI OS) as per NCIX.

Ok guys, no need to reply to this thread anymore, I've gotten my answer elsewhere, my question about this issue is different now.