Dual Displays - Exact same model, different heights and color

builditfilmitM

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
So I bought 2 Dell S2415H monitors and I've been having issue after issue ever since. I've gotten on of them replaced 2 times because of various problems with it.

The first set of displays I got were visually perfect with minimal light bleed and accurate color. However, one monitor was very wobbly due to a defect in the stand. It also caused the display to sit about 1/2 higher than the other monitor. So, I brought it back for an exchange.

The replacement monitor had a ton of light bleed and the whites had a very yellowish tinge to them. I tried manually adjusting the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel but I could never get it to look correct. So I brought that one back and got it exchanged once more.

This 3rd unit had the same light bleed issue and yellow tinge to the screen. I'm not sure if both monitors were just bad luck or if maybe I'm doing something wrong to cause the yellow glow. Since I didn't install the original and the replacement monitors at the same time, I'm not sure if that's what's causing windows to display the colors differently. The last 2 monitors I received look exactly the same which is why I'm probably not going to return this one. I'm tired of hauling them back and forth at this point. Both displays have the same color profile set and both are using Full dynamic range.

Obviously the light bleed isn't something I can fix but how can I accurately adjust the color? Or, is there a setting that I might be missing that would fix the color. Thanks!

Solution
Are you sure that the yellow tint you see is not the best one? 99.9% of people think that blue tint is white, because that's what all displays ship in. Not a single monitor on the market ships with accurate colors to the user unless:

1. You don't have windows in your room
2. You don't have fluctuating color temperature in your room
3. You calibrate monthly

If those 3 things can't be achieved, than forget the idea about accurate color, because you will never reach that point.

Obviously having two monitors that don't match is annoying, and I understand that. However, that's the downside to buying more than one monitor, which is why the ultrawides are so popular in the content creation community.

All the best!
Are you sure that the yellow tint you see is not the best one? 99.9% of people think that blue tint is white, because that's what all displays ship in. Not a single monitor on the market ships with accurate colors to the user unless:

1. You don't have windows in your room
2. You don't have fluctuating color temperature in your room
3. You calibrate monthly

If those 3 things can't be achieved, than forget the idea about accurate color, because you will never reach that point.

Obviously having two monitors that don't match is annoying, and I understand that. However, that's the downside to buying more than one monitor, which is why the ultrawides are so popular in the content creation community.

All the best!

Solution