Need help to reduce eye strain and eye dryness

shankar_psn

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hi,

I am using DELL IN1930 monitor. I have set the brightness and contrast to 50 each. But still I am experiencing tiredness, eye strain and eye dryness.

I have been experiencing this for past 1 year. Viewing distance is roughly 50 cms. I use large fonts for reading. I get irritated if i see white background. Other background colors are fine.
I work for 8 to 10 hours a day.

Is there any specific setting that would help me reduce above eye issues. OR should I go ahead and get a new monitor like BenQ low blue light monitors.

Thanks!

Solution
More than 2 hours staring at the computer screen will cause eye strain, lat alone working for 8-10 hours a day. Your eyes have turned into sensitive for light. Actually, I have the same problem. Hope the following tips can help

• Sit as far back from the monitor as possible
    Follow proper typing protocol (back straight, eyes level with the screen, hands hovering over the keyboard, etc.) as this will line your eyes up for proper monitor usage
    Use blue light filter apps when playing on phones and tablets
    Take frequent breaks, and blink often
    Do all work and reading with black font on a white background if possible
    Enlarge fonts for easier reading and avoid fonts with “feet” as they tire the eye
    Use blue light protective eyewear while...
Increase the distance from the screen.

Match the color temperature of your room.

Lower brightness until it's no longer like staring into a flashlight.

Make sure a fan or any type of wind is not blowing in your eyes, it's the biggest cause for eye strain.

Blink more often.

*Low blue light are scam products, they don't work like that, physics don't work like that.

All the best!

Bufty2

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
50cm is really close, Shankar. Are you able to check with an optician? Drops can help dryness but do check with an optician first.

I always have a separate desk lamp on by the screen so that the monitor screen is not the only light source in the room.

Root10

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
More than 2 hours staring at the computer screen will cause eye strain, lat alone working for 8-10 hours a day. Your eyes have turned into sensitive for light. Actually, I have the same problem. Hope the following tips can help

• Sit as far back from the monitor as possible
    Follow proper typing protocol (back straight, eyes level with the screen, hands hovering over the keyboard, etc.) as this will line your eyes up for proper monitor usage
    Use blue light filter apps when playing on phones and tablets
    Take frequent breaks, and blink often
    Do all work and reading with black font on a white background if possible
    Enlarge fonts for easier reading and avoid fonts with “feet” as they tire the eye
    Use blue light protective eyewear while using the computer to protect your eyes from harm.

According to The Vision Council report, 77% of individuals suffer from digital eye strain. And 27% of them don't know computer eyewear can protect from eye strain. If your eye strain is simultaneous, consider to choose a decent blue light blocking glasses for you.

Solution